BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. — Sixteen of 32 nursing homes in Bergen County — and eight of 20 in Passaic — got a top five-star rating, a new nursing home report says.
Three in Bergen County – in Park Ridge, Paramus and New Milford – were deemed below average with two stars.
Meanwhile, in Passaic County, one in Passaic scored lowest with one star while two in Wayne earned only two.
Medicare’s quarterly Nursing Home Compare ratings for late 2016 were highlighted in the 2017 New Jersey Nursing Home Profile .
The annual profile assessment was released Wednesday by the New Jersey Hospital Association (NJHA).
Overall, the report showed almost 60 percent of state’s 358 nursing homes got four- or five-star ratings.
That’s up from 50 percent last year.
According to the profile, nursing homes contributed $5.6 billion to the state economy in 2015.
The annual report draws on multiple public data sources, including Medicare’s ratings, according to the NJHA.
According to Nursing Home Compare, here are the worst and best homes in both counties:
WORST IN BERGEN
- Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge (two stars)
- Bergen Regional Medical Center, Paramus (two stars)
- Woodcrest Health Care Center, New Milford (two stars)
BEST IN BERGEN
- Alaris Health at Rochelle Park (five stars)
- Alaris Health at the Chateau, Rochelle Park (five stars)
- Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Emerson (five stars)
- Bergen County Health Care Center, Rockleigh (five stars)
- Buckingham at Norwood (five stars)
- Care One at Cresskill (five stars)
- Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, Paramus (five stars)
- Care One at Valley, Westwood (five stars)
- Christian Health Care Center, Wyckoff (five stars)
- Dellridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, Paramus (five stars)
- Emerson Health Care Center, Emerson (five stars)
- Jewish Home at Rockleigh (five stars)
- Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Oakland (five stars)
- Prospect Heights CC, Hackensack (five stars)
- Regent Care Center, Hackensack (five stars)
- Van Dyk Manor of Ridgewood (five stars)
WORST IN PASSAIC
- Hamilton Plaza Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Passaic (one star)
- Llanfair House Care and Rehabilitation Center, Wayne (two stars)
- Oak Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Wayne (two stars)
BEST IN PASSAIC
- Alaris Health at Passaic County, Paterson (five stars)
- Atrium Post Acute Care of Wayneview, Wayne (five stars)
- Barnert Subacute Rehabilitation Center, Paterson (five stars)
- Chestnut Hill Convalescent Center, Passaic (five stars)
- Doctors Subacute Care, Paterson (five stars)
- Holy Name Friary, Ringwood (five stars)
- Milford Manor, West Milford (five stars)
- St. Joseph’s Home for the Elderly, Totowa (five stars)
Written by: Lorraine Ash
Post seen on Hackensack Daily Voice – News
About Alaris Health
Alaris statewide network of independently owned and operated Member Health Centers offers a wide variety of services across a continuum of care, ranging from short-term post-hospital rehabilitation and long-term care specialized care.
Each Member Health Center is licensed to use the Alaris Health name and receive non-health related services. All health care related services are provided solely by each independently owned and operated Member Health Center.
For more information, please visit www.alarishealth.com or call (855)7-ALARIS for more information.